Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Mom Tricks

While I will never claim to be super mom (I am FAR from it), I do have some things I would like to share about my motherhood experience so far.
1. Read to your child. I've read to McKenzie since she was born and I'm thinking its paying off. She is very articulate and in my opinion very smart. The 1st book McKenzie wanted to "read" was Brown Bear, Brown Bear. She now gets this book and "reads" (she has it memorized) to Woodie, Mickey Mouse etc. We only have to read a book a few times to her and then she can help us "read" it. 
2. Potty Training - I didn't really potty train McKenzie. My sitter did most of it. It only took her a few days to get the basics down so she's been "trained" since April. However, she still wears a pull up to bed and it took forever for us to have no accidents. To get to to go accident free I bribed her. Yeah, I'm that mom. I told her if she went a week with no accidents then she got Princess Panties - it took 3 weeks before she did it, but since then there haven't been accidents. Well, not really. Now she wants to go by herself and has had a few accidents from not pulling down her panties all the way. 
3. Food - be sneaky! I have the Sneaky Chef and Deceptively Delicious cookbooks and I love them. You just puree veggie and hide them in things. I'm getting pretty good at it. Today I made my own recipe for Green Spaghetti (sorry, I don't measure)-
       Angel Hair Pasta (or whatever you want) - boil, you know the drill
       2 handfuls of baby spinach
       A handful of roasted unsalted peanuts
       A handful or two of shredded cheese (I used Mexican blend because its what we had)
       Splash of lemon juice
      Put spinach, etc. in a food processor and pulse. Add olive oil while pulsing until the mixture is creamy. 
       Mix with hot noodles and serve!


Here are some pics of my little reader!



1 comment:

KimC said...

I love that picture of her in her belle dress. She is hilarious. I have deceptively delicious and lately it is the only way to get anything green in my child! Sometimes I say a silent thank you to that woman ;)