Saturday, June 6, 2009

School's Out for Summer!!!

Well, its not really out for me until Tuesday but there won't be any students there Monday and Tuesday. I went back to work for the last week of school. It was nice to be back at work but it was hard leaving McKenzie. I did a lot better with it than I thought I would though. I thought Monday I would cry all the way to school but I didn't ... I didn't even cry at all. My students were so excited to have me back as well. It was really nice. I had AWESOME students this year, I don't know how I'll ever have any better, but I know there will always be great ones out there.

This summer is going to be fun with trips to Coco Beach, Pensacola and Cade's Cove. I also plan to spend my summer in my new favorite spot ... my swing. I've been wanting a swing for a while now and Wednesday Jason suprised me with one. He got it from a house he cleaned out and put it in the exact spot I want it. Its in the perfect place to read and watch the sun set. Sunset is my favorite time of the day and now I can watch it perfectly while rocking McKenzie. Its also in the best spot for McKenzie to see lightening bugs! We've already seen some so far and tonight McKenzie and I are going to watch for them while eating a popsicle (I'll be eating one, not McKenzie). I just love summer evenings!

My new swing!

No comments: