Sunday, April 11, 2010

Some Enchanted Evening

Last night Jason took me to see South Pacific at the Fox! It was my birthday present. Now Jason isn't the go to a musical kind of guy so this was a big deal for him. We got dressed up ( I wore a dress I bought 7 years ago ... I think that's pretty darn good!) and went to Olive Garden for dinner (our fave) and then watched South Pacific. I love that musical. Jason ... not so much. But he has agreed to go in January to see West Side Story with me. I LOVE West Side Story!!! The song Kim sang when we lit our unity candle was One Hand. One Heart from West Side Story.
Jason asked me how I got into theater and musicals because I don't really seem the type. I can't actually remember how my interest started but it got big at PHS. I LOVE directing. My 1st year at Austin I was the drama club sponsor and directed the middle schoolers in "Doc, Doc .. Goose". The past two years I haven't done anything with it but next year I'm certainly going to! So there it is ... I am a HUGE drama nerd!

oh and "I'm in love, I'm in love, I'm in love with a wonderful guy!!!!!!"

1 comment:

michellelivingston said...

Dont forget learning all of those musical songs in Chorus also :) My husband always laughs at me b/c I can sing along with the songs from the movies.