Sunday, August 24, 2008

First Week of School

So, the first week as a 6th grade teacher is over with! Whew!!! It was definitely a tiring week. So far I love teaching 6th grade. The kids are all really sweet and very much in culture shock. I have one class that is super talkative though and I'm working to fix that ASAP. I did have a student cry on Thursday, its a record for me to have one cry in the first week. He didn't so so well on my Continents and Oceans Pre- Quiz and he was really upset. I told him it was just a pre-quiz and didn't count for anything but he still took it hard he did poorly. I love kids like that! Here are some pictures of my room. Top Gun are those rewarded for having the best test grade in a class. 5 point for highest, 4 for 2nd highest and so on.
Word Wall and my AMAZING curtains Granny and Momma made - lucky for me the school colors are garnet and gold!The front of my room. On the board is the Olympic Medal count and the Today in History. My desk - of coarse all Seminole! The quote is my class motto - "No Day But Today" from Rent!

1 comment:

KT said...

CUTE! Love the pics! Glad it went well!