Saturday, February 28, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

I just love birthdays. They are the one day when you know you are going to feel special. Yesterday was my birthday and here is how the day went.
I woke up and went to work in the rain. I know that rain is kind of depressing but I'm used to rain on my birthday, it happens a lot. It was rather warm out though, a jeans day and payday so that was pretty awesome.

When I got to work one of my coteachers put streamers and balloons in my room so it would be festive. She also got me a box of Dots, which I love! My kids kep coming in and telling me Happy Birthday and one even got me a red velvet cake. Momma, Daddy, Ashley and Jason sent me beautiful flowers which I took a picture of for you to enjoy. At lunch we had some more cake and all 100 of my students sang "Happy Birthday" to me in the cafeteria. The assistant principal came in because she thought something major was going on.


When I came home Jason had roses for me. He also had rose petals and balloons wait for me as well. Dixie was siting on the stairs when I got home and had the look of "look what I did Momma" on her face. It was pretty cute.

We went and ate hibachi for dinner. It is something I have been craving since August so I was really happy to get some. Our friends Ben and Allison met us for dinner and we had a great time. That is pretty much the highlights for the day. I just love feeling so loved!


Today has been another rainy day and tomorrow it is supposed to snow all day. I'm all up for some snow but I'm also over winter. I am ready for spring and warmth. I'm also ready to meet my baby girl. Only a few more weeks!!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Happy late Birthday Pam!!! I'm so glad to hear that you had such a great day! Mmmm, hibachi sounds good! =)

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

Happy late bday from me as well, Pam! It sounds like you had a wonderful day!!! I cant wait to see photos of your sweet baby girl soon enough! Not too much longer!!!