Saturday, February 14, 2009

Praising through the storm

As you know Jason and I are about 6 1/2 weeks from the arrival of our baby girl. Well, yesterday we got some rather unhappy news. Jason lost his job. If we're going to have to lose anything I'd rather it be a job than a person but its still going to be pretty tough. Jason had been working there for over a year and was unhappy with what he was doing so it is a blessing in that hopefully he can find a job he loves. What he really wants to do is teach and coach. There is a hiring freeze across the state but Paulding County is having a job fair for critical need teachers. I am praying that he will get a job in special education next year and he will be happy.
I of coarse cried for a while yesterday when he told me. I know that God has a plan and that He is going to provide for us. He has never let us down before and he won't now either. The thing that is really making me feel at ease is I just read "Multiple Blessings" by Kate Gosslin (Jon and Kate plus 8). While they were expecting the sextuplets Jon lost his job twice. If they can make it with two already and expecting 6 more Jason and I can make it expecting only one.
This is a test of our faith and I know we will come out of it loving the Lord even more and so much stronger in our faith.

2 comments:

Jo said...

Pam, I know my circumstances could not be more different from yours, but about a year ago I got laid off from a job that I loved. We were about to pay for our own wedding and were totally stressed out. I won't lie - at the time, I had a really hard time, but looking back on it, everything truly worked out for the best. I had no idea at the time how things would work out, but they really did. I know that the same thing will happen for you and your family. In the meantime, my thoughts and prayers are with you. I know how you feel... but God will see you through and bless you immensely!

nobbit said...

I'm sorry you guys are having this stressor, especially at this time. A couple years ago I lost my job that I was unhappy at and while it was hard to be floating for a while, it really was the best thing that could have happened to us. I know this is going to work out for the best for the two (almost three:) ) of you. Keep the faith. Your path will be shown.