Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Weekend

I'm not a fan of Valentine's Day, I think its a silly holiday created by women who don't have men that show thier love any other time throughout the year. Jason and I have not really ever celebrated the day since I'd rather do something special 13 days later on my birthday. Well here is how the weekend went.
Friday stunk since Jason lost his job that morning and I cried all afternoon. Once we got through the initial shock and realized God is in control Jeffrey and Courtney came in from Tennessee for the weekend. We went to Briar Patch for some yummy Hickory Fries and then rented a movie.
Saturday we went and had burgers at 5 Guys (I totally reccommed them to anyone in the Atlanta area) and then saw a house that Jason and Ben will be working on in their business. We then went by Publix and got steaks to grill for dinner that night. The coolest thing happened while there ... I was looking at ribeyes and there was a package of three labeled "pork back rib tips" which were clearly steaks. The best part was the price was 2.75. So we bought 3 steaks for less than 3 dollars! God is totally watching out for us! We came back and worked on a puzzle, cooked dinner and played cards. It was a great weekend.
Today was church, which I love so much and now Jason is at flag football practice. He's going to the lock in at the bowling alley tonight and I know he's super excited to get to do that now since he doesn't have to work. I plan on grading papers, writing thank you cards, working on the baby book, and cleaning some of the house while he's gone. I'm also going to watch the Daytona 500 and hope that Dale Jr. wins! I love Sundays because they are so relaxing and fun!

1 comment:

Miranda said...

Pam, I am so sorry to hear about Jason's job... especially right before she gets here, but you are right, God is watching out for y'all and I am definitely keeping you ALL in my prayers. I am glad you are keeping your eyes on Him and keeping such a good outlook. I'm thinking of y'all.